Saturday, June 13, 2009

Freshly hand picked

Goodness me, sometimes I get so caught up in the everyday madness that I forget to sit down and listen to music. Don't get me wrong, music is an essential part of my day but with a little person at my side 24/7 I rarely get to crank it up and really listen anymore. 
The last hour or so I have been sitting here at the ol' macaroo with my headphones on taking in the sweet sounds. So, I thought I would share what I am really digging on the music front right now and songs I think ya'll should check out.
First of all I am obsessed with the song I used on my latest wee slide show of Sol. It's called To Build a Home by the Cinematic Orchestra. Oh my lord I can't get enough of this track. If you are going to download it make sure you buy the long version from the Ma Fleur album. If you are anything like me it will take you on an emotional ride. It is beautiful. Really beautiful.

Another gem that I can't stop listening to is an oldie but such a goody...Unknown Legend by Neil Young. Can this man do no wrong? Harvest Moon is such an amazing album but I was reminded of this song and it's gorgeous lyrics when I watched Rachel Getting Married. The version sung on that film is amazing. I only wish I had had this song in my mind when I was planning my wedding!

And finally, I suggest you check out Ingrid Michaelson's version of Radiohead's Creep. You die hard Radiohead fans may not agree (or if you are like Sam and you don't like female vocalists you may be in trouble) but I love her version. To be honest I didn't even know who she was but I stumbled across some of her stuff and ended up downloading a few that I instantly liked.

My musical evening has been a welcome relief from a good but hectic day. Any day that starts with a dog with severe diarrhea is going to be a challenge. To much information? Sorry, just be grateful you didn't have to clean it up. 
Sol and I keep trying to tell summer that we are ready for it's return. Apparently it's taking a two week hiatus. We are tired of thunder and rain now. He is itching to try out his new crab floaty for the pool.
S x

No comments: