Monday, April 21, 2008

Warm and fuzzy thoughts


As you know, I am already dreaming of warm summer nights. How I plan to survive the perils of a long winter back in Park City again I don't know. So instead of thinking about it too much I dream of a more pleasant time when the temperature is perfect and the crickets are out in chirping force.
The picture above is an old image form a Martha magazine. I love everything about it from the gorgeous lilac tree, to the hanging lanterns and the old bentwood chairs. I recreated the lantern idea for our engagement party a few years back ( although our garden is no where near as lovely so it didn't quite have the same effect). Instead of jars I rummaged around second hand stores and bought old glass light shades which i would turn upside down and hang with wires. It is really a beautiful look and a mix of shapes and sizes makes it magical. I plan on recreated this one day again for a special birthday or holiday. How romantic and warm.
So those of you coming into spring get inspired for alfresco dining! Isn't it just the best!? There is something so great about sitting outside to eat and enjoy great wine and great food in great company!


No comments: