Tuesday, March 4, 2008


I am on the internet later than normal tonight. We generally try and get to bed by 10.30 after my long routine of washes and tonics and the tribal ceremony of removing the various throw pillows off our bed. This of course is followed by my nightly bout of verbal diarrea in where I feel the need to share with Sam all of my thoughts of the day and my latest wisdom of life while he tries to keep his eyes open and pretend to care. I don't even mind his lack of enthusiasm in my rant...I love bedtime and sleeping. I could happily sleep in late everyday, I am not one of those people who feel obligated to get up. The world can wait as far as I'm concerned. Life is rarely as peaceful as when your wrapped up in your duvet, snuggled next to your honey bun!
At the moment we rent an early 80's style granny flat near to the beach. I wouldn't exactly call it inspiring or glamorous but it is fine for now and enables us to live in one of the best locations in NZ. I plot and plan everyday of how I will design and decorate my own home one day. How I (I mean we) will ever eventually decide on what to do I don't know, but I love collecting ideas along the way. Since I am on the subject of bedtime I thought I would share this photo I found on design sponge. I am really drawn to how serene and sweet this bedroom looks. I love the letter plaque on the wall...I may keep my eye out for an S for us. At the moment I am a big fan of that eclectic look of mixing different contexts like paintings, prints, photos and objects to make a very personal collage-like area on the wall. This room has achieved it perfectly without looking cluttered and fussy. I imagine that room to smell like sweet pea and lemongrass and be really quiet except for the light hint of birds chirping outside. Magic.
Anyhoo...off to the land of nod for me. 
ta ta for now!

No comments: