Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A little precipitation preparation


Rain, rain go away...at least until May please. It's been raining all weekend and is finally letting up. I know I can't complain, we have had an amazing summer and things are really dry so a little moisture is what the flowers need but I am just not prepared yet. I have been looking for some rain boots/wellies/gumboots for a wee while, of course for the practical reasons and because they look cute and dainty with skirts. As I get older I definitely am steering away from any edgy/minimalistic looks and am more attracted to pretty/girly items. Sam sometimes refers to me as "grandma" because of my homebody ways, love of loose teas and second hand stores but I am fine and comfortable with that. I have a sneaky feeling my rain boots are going to cement my new nickname further. Whatever...Grandma is the new black.
I found the rain boots above at Target. They are only 20 bucks and awfully spiffy. I am steering towards the orange ones ( I have been obsessed with the colour orange for about 6 months). There are so many options online though my decision could take sometime. 
Now I am off to drink tea in my slippers, out of my new tea cup and saucer, put my feet up and watch some TV. Holla to all the other 30 year old "grandmas" out there! Represent! 

No comments: